- Hits: 3607
Ukrainian higher education is changing and an important condition for successful development is the introduction of the principles of Academic Integrity in teaching, learning and research. ELibUkr supports initiatives aimed at ensuring that academic integrity is the norm of academic life in every university or academic institution.
During 2017-2018, ELibUkr carried out the project "Promoting Reforms in Higher Education in Ukraine in terms of Academic Integrity Development" (with the support of the International Renaissance Foundation).
The purpose of the project: Creation of a Roadmap for the implementation of the recommendations of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) on the issue of Ukraine's integrity in higher education, preparation and promotion in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of amendments and supplements to laws regulating the protection of intellectual property, the creation of a distance course on academic integrity and organization of training on the internal quality of education for university administrators.
Short results: creation of a conceptual roadmap for reforming higher education, conducting seminars aimed at promoting educational reforms, encouraging the creation of an internal quality assurance system at universities of different regions of Ukraine (Kyiv, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Uzhhorod, Odesa, Izmail); relevant work was carried out with politicians and journalists, participation in the creation of a bill on the attitude to plagiarism and academic dishonesty and lobbying this bill.
In 2018, with the support of the International Renaissance Foundation, a massive on-line course "Academic Integrity at the University" was developed. Course lecturers:
- Serhii Kvit, Director of the Quality of Education Center at the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, co-author of the Law "On Higher Education" (2014), the developer of the "Road Map for the Reform of Higher Education in Ukraine" (2018), Doctor of Philology, PhD, Professor of NaUKMA.
- Svitlana Chukanova, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Head of the Scientific Library Sector, coordinator of the American Library at the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, who has long been interested in the topic of academic integrity and conducts classes on academic integrity for students and employees of NaUKMA.
The program of the course deals with the following topics:
- What is academic integrity?
- How to avoid plagiarism (in academic writing)?
- What are the prerequisites for creating an integrity environment at the university (university autonomy)?
- How to create a virtuous environment at the university?
On October 25, 2019, a workshop on "Academic Integrity" will take place at NaUKMA.